The Town of Maine is turning 175 this year and our Demisemiseptcentennial Celebration will be held on Memorial Day Weekend (May 26, 27, and 28, 2023). Mark your calendars and get ready for some good, old-fashioned family fun! The Town of Maine and the Nanticoke Valley Historical Society have joined forces with the Town Rec Committee and several community members to plan a weekend of activities surrounding this exciting 175th anniversary celebration. Event details will be available and updated regularly at the website and Facebook page.
MAINE SUMMER RECREATION CAMP
Pay Rate: $12-13 per hour
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Camp Supervisor & Leader
- Physical abilities to perform the duties of the position
- Ability to instruct children about topics essential to outdoor camp program, environmental awareness, leadership development, safety, and well being
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and resources.
- Training and leadership development
- Criminal Record Background Check
DUTIES: to include but not limited to
- Recording campers in/out daily.
- Daily sports/art activities development and implementation
- Oversee Pavilion clean up
- Ensure campers are complying with all rules and regulations
- Responsible for planning, leading, and implementing core and non-core programs and experiences for children in a small group setting.
- They will also be responsible for the general safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants in his/her group.